Status of the project
In 2021, the following work was completed:
- Writing of the theory chapter 2: Theoretical considerations and definitions on the subject areas of art and aesthetics.
- Formulation of Chapter 3 regarding the interrelationships between art and the rural economy or regional development as well as the diversity of content and structure of (ag-rarian) art initiatives in rural areas based on researched examples in Austria and abroad.
- Composition of a chapter on the institutional basis of art work as well as the framework conditions for an improved promotion of art work in rural regions.
- Completion of the survey work (in-depth interviews with artists/farmers as well as regional stakeholders and experts in the field).
- Description of the interviews
- Documentation and review of the photographic and film material produced
- Completion of the literature research
The following work has been started or is in progress in 2021:
- Conceptualisation and planning of the presentation of the research results (presentation concept, contacting the participating artists), processing of the existing photo and video material
- Coding and structuring of the interviews
- Evaluation/analysis of the interviews according to the questions of the interview guide.
- Completion of the analyses of the interviews and writing of the empirical chapter 4.
- Writing the final synthesis chapter 5, incorporating the theoretical and empirical findings, followed by the development of appropriate strategic approaches for the promotion of (agricultural) arts initiatives in rural areas.
- Completion and design of the research report
- Completion of the preparations for the project presentation (photo and video work, organisation, etc.)
- Presentation of the research results in May 2022
Project start: November 2020
End of project: May 2022