In the Federal Offices Act (Bundesämtergesetz i.d.g.F., § 16), the scope of the Federal Institute for Agriculture and Mining includes cooperation in the preparation of the Green Report. The activities required for the preparation of the Green Report and the Farm Accountancy Data Network of the European Union (FADN) are defined in the form of work assignments within the framework of this long-term project and the assignments defined therein are carried out by the Federal Institute. In addition, the scientific basis for the Green Report and the FADN is being further developed.
This basic project includes both the annually recurring work and the scientific studies and statistical evaluations to be carried out in the short term.
Status of the project
In 2022, the individual farm results from the agricultural structure survey 2022 were evaluated with regard to the determination of the population and the sampling frame.
The projections for the year 2021 as well as the recalculation of the year 2020 (in each case according to the agricultural structure survey 2020 and the standard output coefficient 2017) were carried out in full (for all evaluations, precision calculations, etc.) at federal level. In cooperation with the provincial governments and chambers of agriculture, statistical evaluations of accounting results were carried out equally for both years at the provincial level.
Furthermore, various special evaluations were carried out for different questions. In the context of the electricity cost subsidy (measure to cushion high electricity prices), electricity consumption values were derived from the accounting data according to farm types.
In the context of the considerations on the future unit valuation, the income development was calculated in comparison to the unit values.
The sampling plan for the Farm Accountancy Data Network (FADN) was prepared.
In the context of the recruitment of new accountancy holdings to supplement the test farm network, evaluations of the FADN data were carried out by the Federal Institute for Agricultural Economics and Mining Research.
The tabular part of the Green Report and the economic evaluation of accounting results were prepared and published on the homepage of the Federal Institute of Agricultural Economics and Mining Research.
For the Green Report, a wide variety of data analyses were carried out, processed and presented in the form of graphs and maps.
The foreign trade data for agricultural products and foodstuffs were processed.
Work in 2023
In 2023, the Federal Institute for Agricultural Economics and Mining Research is planning the following work for the Green Statement and the FADN:
- Depending on the availability of data on the agricultural structure survey 2020, the evaluations of the population and the sampling frame will be carried out; based on this, the recalculation of the accounting year 2020 (based on AS 2020 and SO-KO 2017).
- Carrying out the projections of the accounting year 2021.
- Calculation and presentation of the accuracy of the results of the primary statistical evaluations for the year 2021.
- Statistical evaluations of agricultural structure and agricultural support as well as maintenance of the underlying dataset.
- Evaluation of data, their analysis and presentation in the form of graphs or maps.
- Contribution on foreign trade in agricultural products and foodstuffs and scientific contributions from ongoing research projects.
- Preparation of the tabular part of the Green Report as well as of the "Business Report of the LBG Austria to the BMLRT" for the homepage of the Federal Institute of Agricultural Economics and Mining.
- Maintenance of the advertising database for the accounting enterprises.
- Analysis of weaknesses in farm advertising and cooperation in the implementation of the annual advertising plan for the accounting enterprises as well as conversion work with regard to the advertising database and advertising plan.
- Continuation of the cooperation with the provincial governments by calculating the statistical evaluations of accounting data in 2021 for the defined evaluation groups.
- Cooperation within the framework of the FADN (Farm Accountancy Data Network).
- Analysis of the effects of the new unit valuation based on data from farms keeping voluntary accounts and individual farm data from the Social Insurance Institution for Farmers.